Where ever you travel, in whatever part of the world, it is of utmost importance to keep yourself safe and healthy. I am sure none of us would like to fall sick during our trip to any place. Though Maldives is a safe place with lots of natural beauty and fun activities to do, but there are certain things that you need to keep in mind when you plan to visit this place.
It is very important to take travel insurance just as much as keeping yourself healthy and to make sure you don’t get any illness. You wouldn’t want such things to affect your vacation. The most important thing to do is to find the best Maldives hotels or resorts. Zeldiva luxury is one such place where you can get the best travel services. This includes a good travel concierge and mobile app services, which act as your personal concierge with plans and travels for you.
Here are some tips for your health benefits:
- It is always advisable to boil water or drink bottled water here in Maldives, as tap water is not good for your health. Diarrhoea is a major possibility with people, if you don’t drink safe water. If you stay in a resort, then they will provide you with water to drink.
- Sun is very harsh in Maldives. It is very important that you keep yourself hydrated and also protect your skin by wearing good quality sunscreen.
- Dengue fever and chikungunya fever are the two problems that are reported more in Maldives. These are caused by mosquitoes and hence it is advisable to get the best of mosquito protection for you.
- As diving and snorkelling are on the top of the list, it is better to be careful and follow your instructor’s advice. Be careful with sharks in the water, as you don’t want to be bitten by them. There are some other dangerous things too in the water which you need to be careful about. This includes anemone, sea urchin, and lionfish, which do not jump and attack, but they might sting you if you touch them.
Most of us feel that fishes do not bite except shark, but this is not the case and you need to be very careful about any such fishes. The most dangerous one is the stonefish. It always hung around on the rocks and it is highly venomous. Its bite can be very much fatal for you. Hence, you need to be careful about where you place your step.
- If you planning to go scuba diving, it is always better that you choose the best instructor for you. Don’t put yourself in trouble as you have come here to enjoy your vacation. Make sure that you do not put yourself into a decompression sickness. Remember the maximum depth you can dive is up to 30m. So never go beyond it.
It is advisable that you carry your medical kit and make your health preparations well in advance. Maldives do have excellent health standard and hygiene awareness, but staying healthy and safe is all in your hands. All you need to do is to be careful and responsible.